Here’s what’s going on:

  1. The dory progresses:
    1. Got out the transom
    2. Ready to glue in both the stem and transom SOON!
    3. (Note the ever-present cheap underlayment, -now being used as battens)
  2. That old utility launch…
    1. I just couldn’t get rid of it. I was going to junk it since it was a prototype built of the cheapest materials, but my wife argued against it. My wife! How can I argue w/ her about a decision like this? 🙂
    2. So, it’s going to become a trimaran. Yep. A power trimaran for starters. -And then it might even grow a few sails…
    3. Those hulls came from CraigsList. I figure it saved me a couple of months of (the usual part time, SLOW, design/build process…) work
  3. The dinghy delaminates…
    1. Well, not really, but the outer, thin layer of the floor underlayment that I used, is coming off on the inside of the boat (where the top edge at the sheer wasn’t enclosed by sheer clamp, -which is on the OUTSIDE of the boat…)
    2. All the literature says don’t use that stuff… Well, my wallet says otherwise. So now I’ve got to fix it and make sure it doesn’t happen again.
    3. Ok, next time I’ll still go w/ the cheap stuff, but I’ll try to avoid the thin outer layer (like paper thin)…